Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A New Direction Perhaps...


So I've been contemplating taking this blog in a different direction with the new year.  I've gone back and forth about whether to start a new blog and attempt to keep up both, all while hoping people read either of them! But, with my track record for posting on one blog, I decided that undertaking the maintenance of 2 would be slightly ambitious to say the least.  I've really enjoyed readying blogs like CJane, Kelle Hampton, and others who seem to write with a purpose beyond the daily activities of their families.

In all honesty, I WISH I had a blog like those wonderful ladies.  To me, their writing is amazing. It entertains, touches the heart, and informs in ways that you really learn about who they are as a individual.  And I like that.  Do you see where I'm going? No?

I've always enjoyed writing. Always.  Creative Writing in high school and college was probably one of my favorite classes.  I loved being able to put things together in ways that just sounded perfect for what I was describing.  I remember writing a paper in my freshman creative writing class about when my dad broke his neck.  I was in 8th grade and remember the phone call from the accident, the day they placed the halo on his head, and the physical pain I saw him in.  I put it all on paper, although I can seem to recall what the exact assignment was.  After I was finished, I read that paper to my mom over the phone. And I cried.  Sounds crazy, but it was really good. So good that it made me cry, and my mom too, of course.  I knew it was good because of the emotion it evoked.

When I think of what I'd major in if I went back to college and finished my degree, ( I only got my associates, then decided to major in baby making;) ) writing would definitely be a direction I'd go in.  In other words, I'd love to be blogger, one that wrote about things people cared about and couldn't wait to sign in to see what was newly posted.

I'm not sure of the general purpose of that blog, other than being a stay at home mom and wife and all the lovely, extravagant things that go along with it! But for now, I think I'll take this blog to a more personal level one that's mixed with the everyday ups and downs and the real feelings behind them.  It will still be a way to journal my families life, but I'm hoping to focus more on the journey of it all rather than just random moments along the way.

Who knows? Maybe I'll even create a fan base...one that includes more people than my mom and my husband who only reads when told to! And because no blog post is complete without pictures....
I honestly can't get enough of him...I think I'm learning to enjoy my kids the more I have. And right now, I'm really enjoying him. Could be that he doesn't talk back yet....or talk at all for that matter.
Cute boys and evidence of no bake cookies smeared across their faces, that's one way to wrap up a blog post, am I right?!

Stay tuned.

I've got something big coming up this weekend, but just thinking about it makes my heart race and my throat feeling like its swelling up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea to me! Where is that paper?? I love ready your stuff! Still have the autobiography you wrote in high school!