Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Bos Man

I've realized slowly over the last few posts, that my middle man Boston has gotten the shaft a little bit, being overshadowed by his older sister's teeth loss or his little brother's milestones. So this post is dedicated entirely to him and the crazy, funny kid that he is.  To start, Boston had accumulated a ton of hair over the past several months...
It's been great since he hated having it done spiky in any way and he has his father's growth pattern which means when its short it doesn't lay nicely but sticks straight up without trying!  I decided with the heat, it was finally time for a cut. The poor kid would soak his pillow at night with his sweaty head and have sweat dripping down his face after only minutes outside.  He was pretty excited to get it cut and surprisingly wanted it done just like his dad's.  I didn't go as short as I should have because I thought he hated having it done, but now hes rather obsessed with making sure its spiked in the front at all times. And don't worry, if he thinks it isn't, just just licks his fingers and then wipes it up in his hair! Awesome, I know:) He looks like a completely
different kid now though!
Boston has recently mastered the skill of riding his bike without training wheels.  One day he just decided to try and really learned in just a day.  He asks constantly to go out and ride now and is so proud of himself! 
He's learned on his bigger bike as well but still has problems starting and stopping since only his tippy toes touch, so he prefers to ride "Maddox's bike" as he calls it.
He loves his brother Maddox, and has really been trying to be so helpful with him lately. He is at times way too rough with him, but Boston tends to be a little rough with everyone at times, he's just got some unfocused energy at times!  When they are next to each other, you can hardly tell they are even related, but Boston loves to dress just like Maddox and be twins!
As I said before, he tends to be a little OCD about certain things.  I'm not sure where he gets it, but I'm going to venture its more from his father!  He decided to make Maddox's old seat his own personal recliner while watching TV one night.  Let me draw your attention to the socks. Those socks were borrowed to him from one of his cousins up north awhile back. He insisted on wearing them for 3 days straight, including to sleep, in the hot, muggy weather.  He would throw a fit if he couldn't find them and would not settle on wearing flip flops.  Those things are now in the laundry and hidden from him so he hopefully loses interest!
He is the comedy in our home these days. Always saying things that make us laugh, or being so completely serious in a story telling that you can't help but smile at his facial expressions! He's so excited to go to preschool again and really hopes mom and dad buy him a power wheels 4-wheeler for his birthday!  He's our nomad sleeper still, always moving bed to bed.  He now goes to sleep in our spare bed in the play room but still manages to work his way in to our bed sometime in the wee hours of the night. He can't wait until he turns 4, but I say don't grow up too fast! He is a character and our life would definitely be a lot more dull....and quiet without him:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that his hair is short, that is the Boston I know! I almost didnt recognize him when I got there with all that hair! Such a cute guy with a big personality!!!

luke and kourt said...

He's such a cute guy and I love the new cut on him! Your one lucky mom.

Charlie and Cassie said...

your kids are adorable!