Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm it!

I was hoping I would never have to do this, dig deep and find things interesting or weird about myself, but I guess the day has arrived. I'll do my best to humor and enlighten you all, but if your disappointed, don't blame me!

1. Ummm....My first kiss came in second grade to a boy named Drew. We decided after school, before the buses came, we would kiss behind the chalkboard and each of us could pick a friend to watch! All I did was close my eyes, he did the rest, I think it was over in a fraction of a second! Not to mention the friend I picked ran and told the teacher! I was so embarrased! Drew was also the boy who asked me on my first date in 3rd grade. He wanted me to go see Aladdin with him, I had to say no since we were moving!

2. I have the hardest time buying things for myself because I stress way too much about money, or the lack thereof. I guess I just figure there is always a bill that is due or one of the kids needs new clothes. I can't wait for the day when money isn't always in the back of my mind, and I secretly fear it may be a long way down the road.

3. In college, I sported an unusual fashion, little boy tighty whiteys! Strange, I know, but they were comfortable and I never had to worry about wedgies. Not to mention they were a lot cheaper than women's underwear. That was before they came out with women's boy short underwear, which I could have easily invented!

4. I would love to be on the show, What Not To Wear! It's not that I think I have horrible taste, although I'm sure they would have a few negative comments of my choice in clothing. I would just love to have someone give me $5000 and tell me what to buy that makes me look good. Not to mention a free trip to NYC without any children.

5. In my opinion, my worst quality: I'm constantly comparing myself to other people, not always outloud, but almost always in my head. It's one thing I hope to not teach my daughter, I want her to be confident and always happy with who she is. It is helpful to have a wonderful husband who is always telling my I'm great and wonderful, even though sometimes I think it's hogwash!

6. I have never been to Disneyland or Disneyworld and would love to go, WITHOUT my children! I want to experience all as if I were still a kid, and ride all the crazy rollercoasters. I'm hoping to drop the kids off at Papa's(Grandmas) one summer and go with Curtis, like a second honeymoon.

7. The one thing that brings me the most joy in life: being a mom. It is something I have always wanted, even so much that I had no idea what to go to school for because I have only wanted to grow up and do what I'm doing now....staying at home and watching them grow up. No degree could be as rewarding to me as coming into a room and hearing Taylor sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star to her brother Boston when he is fussing, or the huge smile on Boston's face just watching his sister be silly!

That's it for me, now I tag my sister Tara-she is the only one left I know who hasn't been tagged!

No comments: