Halloween felt like it lasted an entire week with all the parties and events we had going on. By the time Halloween actually rolled around, we already had way more candy than we needed. The kids had a blast which is all that really matters anyway.
First up was Curtis' employee party at the hotel. Every month he has a get together for all the employees to say thanks and try to help the morale! This month they decided on a chili cook off complete with pumpkin carving and lots of candy for the kids. In the hustle of getting food ready, he decided to throw together a costume...a very pretty woman! He completely committed to it and even shaved his legs and painted both fingers and toe nails! He was quite the sight, but was a good sport for going all out with it!
Here he is with Taylor getting his hands dirty while carving her pumpkin! She picked an intricate dragon design that took far longer than mom had patience for:)
This was the quick shot we got of the kids before we left and the only picture I have of Maddox actually wearing his pirate hat. After that night, he refused to put it on again.
Luckily, a neighbor had a witch costume lying around that I could borrow so that I wasn't the only member of the family left out of costume!
The next night was our ward's trunk or treat and since our ward has more than doubled since last year, the kids were sure to get quite to load of candy!
And boy did they walk away with candy! Their buckets were almost completely full by the end of the night.
Then it was onto school costume parades. Boston's came first which included some cute songs the kids had learned and performed for the parents.
These are the boys we carpool with that are also in our ward!
Then it was Taylor's turn and I barely managed to snap this picture of her! The parade was moving rather quickly as they got a late start but I at least have proof, a pretty good one, that I was there!
All dressed up to finally go trick or treating! Dad took the kids around the neighborhood while I stayed and handed out candy outside with a friend. This was the first year we stayed home and went around our house mostly thanks the the subdivision across the street that grew out of nowhere! The kids got cotton candy, full size candy bars, cake, hot dogs, and movies galore! It was definitely a successful holiday and now I'm exhausted and set for a year on candy!










No comments:
Post a Comment