Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Kick Off

 Summer is in full swing here at our house and we are trying to stay busy...or at least the kids are trying to make sure we stay busy. The first few days of no school was hard because they constantly wanted to know what we were doing and were complaining of boredom all day long! We've since gotten into a pretty good routine around here which does not consist of much housework, but I'm trying to remind myself that I'm creating memories:)

The kids have spent several mornings painting amazing pictures for me!  Maddox even got in on the fun and created his first watercolor picture...he was in full concentration mode when I was taking this picture as you can see.

 We have been spending lots and lots of time outside and trying to enjoy the somewhat milder temperatures before they get too unbearable for us!
 And of course, we spend hours and hours at the pool.  We love the fact that Curtis has such a fantastic pool for us to use at our convenience and love it even more that its almost always empty when we go which means we have the place to ourselves! This little guy only gets in occasionally and only if I'm holding him, which is good since he needs to keep his tubes dry! He spends lots of time banging on the windows trying to get Curtis' attention to come get him.
 These two have done really well playing together...most of the time! I told them that we wouldn't start inviting friends to the pool until they could get along and play well together.  It took a few tries but eventually they got it and had a blast playing together.
 My kids are fish...who don't necessarily have proper swimming technique but who love jumping, diving and swimming till they're exhausted! We try to throw in a few swimming lessons while we are there, and they are getting more and more comfortable everytime we go, which is almost every day.
I love watching the simple joy that swimming brings to my kids! They ask constantly to go and because its free, and easy, I'm usually happy to oblige. And, its a nice way to get a great tan:) If you need us, we will be at the pool...All. Summer. Long!

1 comment:

Michael and Bonnie said...

I don't think I need you for anything. I just need your pool :) Lucky kids!!