During the assembly, they also recognized the kids who got straight A's for the quarter and Taylor's named was read. She made straight A's for the entire year and we couldn't have been more proud of her!
The Kindergartners sang a song about protecting our earth along with actions and it was really cute to see how into it she was...my camera's lighting was way off and I was really annoyed, but here's the pic anyway...
Taylor has learned so much in her first year of school! I am amazed at how far she has come since the first of the year. She's really excelled at math and her reading has taken off. She loves school so much and I'm grateful she's made friends and had such an awesome teacher! I've been lucky in that she can get her math homework done in just minutes without my help and scored perfectly on all her spelling tests with nearly no help from me at home. She is excited for summer, but sad that she won't get to go to school everyday and see her friends. I'm happy we made the decision to put her in at the Charter school because it has been a wonderful thing for her!
She also recently lost one of her front teeth and that darn tooth fairy took days to come;) I kept telling her that she must have been really busy with all the kids losing teeth...thankfully she finally remembered to come! She's also been great with helping with chores around the house. She has been motivated to earn any extra money to buy things from the snack shake at school during lunch and its helped me out too! She makes her bed each morning before leaving for school, puts away all her clean laundry, hanging and all and has also started helping unload the dishwasher...which is one of my least favorite things to do!
Maddox loves to help too, and he's pretty fast at pulling things outta there and handing it to whoever is closest! She's also great at entertaining Maddox for me while I'm trying to get dinner made and I'm really enjoying how grown up she's becoming!
2 comments:
She is so stinkin pretty! You are going to have 2 beat the boys off with a stick!
Heehee, she was talking about the tooth fairy in the car today. I believe her comment was "I have a tooth that is SOOOOO lose. I hope when it comes out that the tooth fairy isn't too busy or doesn't forget this time." =)
Post a Comment