Sunday, March 18, 2012

February Mash up!

I've been MIA from blogging from quite some time due to major computer issues! We really need to invest in something new quickly because I'm getting really far behind on life here.  February came and went quickly, although at the time it probably felt more like it was dragging on a little bit.  So here's a quick recap of what we did:
Taylor and I spent some time decorating her first ever Valentine's box for school. I'm not very crafty or creative but luckily she's a pretty easy one to please and we enjoyed ourselves.
We spent some time flying kites and enjoying the warmer weather.  So much joy comes from such inexpensive dollar kites!  After they got tired of holding them, Curtis tied them to the fence and we watched them from inside the house....I call that lazy flying:)
Blue skies, high flying kites.
Maddox had fun playing with different art projects that Taylor brought home from school. This hat was one of his particular favorites and he had no problem wearing it around the house.
For Valentine's Day, Curtis brought the kids home some new playdoh along with a new book and their favorite treat...they were so excited and surprised he did that for them(good thing he had mom's help!)

 For dinner, we went to one of our favorite local pizza joints....that we knew wouldn't be packed with people out celebrating! I forgot my camera and had to settle for using my phone which doesn't produce the greatest pictures but at least it was documented.
We also celebrated Curtis' 31st birthday on Feb. 19 over President's day weekend. We were lucky to have my brother and his family in town as well as my parents.  Can you tell how shocked he is at getting older!?He got some new running shoes which have helped out a ton with his knee problems and he's now hoping he can train for a triathlon...if his work schedule ever allows.
The kids love going to the mall and playing in these carts as well as the ride on toys that cost money. Although, we are pretty cheap and never actually pay money to make them move! Maddox was loving being in the driver's seat though:)
And, that was our February.

No comments: