Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter weekend, full of fun things and jam packed with projects! We kicked off the weekend by going to our neighborhood Easter egg hunt! This was the second year we had done it and I think it will be a tradition for many years to come because the kids go crazy for it. Pre-hunt picture...
Each kid was able to collect 15 eggs full of all sorts of yummy treats. Taylor had hers practically gone before I even realized she had finished her hunt. Boston only wanted the chocolate, he's particular and wouldn't even eat the snickers!! He's slightly OCD about things and has an opinion on almost everything!
After the hunt, Curtis got straight to work on our next backyard project, the patio. We are extending the current on we have to give us more space and since he's done concrete before in the past, we knew we could handle it ourselves. He may have forgotten how tedious and hard it is to mix concrete in a wheelbarrow on his own, but luckily we have amazing neighbors that were more than willing to lend a hand and help out. We only got a portion completed, so I'll post pictures of the finished product...whenever it does get finished;) The kids were so excited to color Easter eggs and leave them for the Easter bunny to hide the next morning. It was honestly like Christmas trying to get those kids to sleep! Notice anything different about Taylor's hair?! Neither did I, at first. I was gone Friday night doing last minute shopping and by the time I had gotten home the kids were in bed. The next morning when I looked at her, I noticed bangs that had not been there before!! She was playing hair and decided she needed a change I guess. She found scissors and cut off a good chunk on both sides! Luckily, our neighbor is an amazing hair dresser who was nice enough to blend and cover up any damage. I failed to take a picture of their baskets, of course, but they were excited to each get a new movie, punching balloons, a kite and their favorite treat. For Boston, that meant a big bag of Cheetos, and Taylor got mini fruity marshmallows! We have been reading the scriptures each night before bed, so Taylor got her own Book of Mormon and Boston got the Book of Mormon Stories that comes illustrated. They also each got their own CTR ring which Boston wouldn't wear at first because he said they were for girls!
We tried getting pictures of the kids in their new church outfits, but as usual, we were running late and trying to get 3 kids to all look at the camera let alone smile can be close to impossible!
I finally got one where they were all at least looking and no one had their eyes closed! Sometimes you just gotta take what you can get I guess!

We feel blessed to have been able to celebrate this special holiday as a family and reflect on the sacrifice and resurrection of our Savior.

1 comment:

luke and kourt said...

I love the pic with your husband holding maddox mid-air so he could be in the photo, so clever! Your kids look so cute all ready for church in their new Easter outfits!