I honestly cannot believe that my little guy is now 2! His birthday was on Sunday and we had a nice low key day spent with just our little family and a few friends. I told Curtis I was sad that we no longer had a baby in the house, that he was officially a big boy!! By many Utah standards, I should already be pregnant with number 3, but I'm breaking the mold!! Even though he just turned 2, he's probably big enough to pass as a 3 year old. He weighs 30 lbs and is 36 in. tall! We get this comment a lot with him...he's big for his age, isnt he?! He is and we love every inch of him! He is all boy and loves, loves, loves anything involving cars, trucks, tractors and balls! That seemed to be the theme of his birthday and it made it super easy to shop for him! As I dressed him for church, I couldnt believe how big he seemed and I had to take a picture.
For dinner, we had Boston's favorite..hot dogs! He ate is usual 3 (he's a big boy, remember!) and then we opened presents! He got his big dump truck before church, only because I didnt have enough wrapping paper to wrap it. He then, of course, tried taking it out the door for church...I probably should have thought that through a little better! He also got some sports balls from Kylie, a new soccer ball, a tonka car garage, and some noisy trucks that light up and make noise..again, should have thought that through! He was beyond thrilled and has not stopped playing with all his cars and trucks.
After presents, we had cake. My kids aren't big into regular cake so we opted for a Cars ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. He was equally excited about the cake and ended up spitting more than blowing on the candles!! We invited Boston's new best bud, Daxton, over who just moved in down the street. Daxton is 2 months older than Boston and almost a whole head shorter!! We are so excited to have a boy in the neighborhood and they had a blast running and wrestling with each other:)
It was a fun day and we are so proud of our big boy and love him to pieces! We can't wait to see what the next year brings for this guy...hopefully potty training:)
5 comments:
It looks like you had fun! Kenni had her 1st birthday on sunday too. Looks like Sunday was the day for Dyer birthday parties.
Glad to see he had fun and has a new friend to share the fun times with! He has gotten so big!!!
Oh he is so cute! I think he is looking more like his daddy, especially in his church clothes! I thought Boston was a little bigger than that....Keeli is right there with him, she's weighing 31lbs right now and is 34 inches! And I don't think you need to get pregnant just because Boston is no longer a baby! have fun with your kids right now and have another baby when you're ready, not when everyone thinks you should!! love ya!
I want that cake!
Post a Comment