Friday, November 14, 2008

The View From My Window

What exactly is the view from my window, you ask? Beautiful snow capped mountains in beautiful Montana! Curtis has a conference here and last week his company offered to fly me out as well, so of course, I jumped on the chance. The kids and I left Sunday and made the 500+ mile trip to Grandma's house in California. She kindly agreed to watch the kids so I could get away with Curtis for awhile. My brother from Minnesota was also visiting my parents and it was great to let the kids hang out with Uncle Eric, especially since he'd never met Boston. I stayed a couple days to make sure the kids were settled in and familiar before I left them. I was nervous to leave since I have not been away from either of them since they were born....thats a long time in my book! They both waved and watched me leave like it was no big deal, and I knew they were in good hands with my mom. I told Taylor I was going on a trip to Montana with Dad and she told Grandma after we left that we had gone to see Hannah Montana and would be on TV! Funny girl:) I left Wednesday and met Curtis in Vegas for a early flight out Thursday morning! It has been so enjoyable thus far and more relaxing than I could have hoped for. It is so nice to go to dinner with Curtis and just talk, I didnt realize how much I'd missed doing it until now. Curtis was in meetings all day today, so I took it upon myself to stay in bed ALL morning, catch up on some reading that I dont get the chance to do as much as I'd like, and even enjoy some quiet Target shopping:) I tried to upload some pictures of the kids at Grandma's, but Curtis' laptop appears to be struggling! We return Sunday and I'll be sure to post pictures and more about our getaway!

5 comments:

Shelly & Danny said...

Good for you Marissa! How fun to just get away for a while. Lucky! (you have to say, lucky, like Napolean Dynamite to get my full effect) We need to come and visit, I feel like I know what your kids are up to via blogger, but I've yet to see Boston in person. It's about time.

Jenny said...

How fun! I can't wait to see the pics!

matt and michelle ray said...

Ooh, you are lucky! I've been telling Matt for about 6 months now that we need a date night and still nothing! Good for you! You totally deserve it! I think moms need to make some time for themselves, it makes us better moms!

The Winwards said...

So glad that you were able to get away. It is such a nice break and definitely makes you a better mom and wife.

The Richardsons said...

O how fun! Im glad too hear you took some time to be alone with Curt! I think that will be fun if I ever dare to leave Josi. It is hard, but so good too do together!