Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Little Cheesers

(Gotta love the squinty, cheesy smile on both their faces!)
It has been somewhat of a stressful week for me so far, mainly because I tend to worry way too much about even the littlest things. The excitement of our impending move died down a bit and reality of all that we needed to do started to set in. Deciding when we are moving, if Curtis will go before us, when we would pack, if anyone could help us, where to live, searching for a new house over the internet, etc. The list goes on and on and to top it off, Boston started running a fever on Monday. I thought maybe it was teeth( the kid has 9 already!) but when it wouldn't go away and he wasn't himself I got nervous. The insurance we applied for wasn't supposed to start until Aug 1st, so we were without anything and I knew if I had to take him in it wouldn't be cheap. At the same time, I knew I didn't want to wait too long and have it be another ER experience like it was with Taylor. So, I took him in only to find out its just a virus and there's not much I can do but wait. Glad I paid $100 bucks for him to tell me that! Curt's been a little frustrated to say the least at work which in turn has also frustrated me as well. What can I say, I've been a basket case! Thank goodness for kids who know nothing except that life is all about playing and taking naps they don't want! Taylor is excited to move to a new house and I hoping to make the transition as smooth as possible for them. Curtis gave the kids baths last night and this is what I went in to find....
How could I not smile, and realize that life is pretty good right now?!! Thank goodness for children who help take our minds off stuff we probably shouldn't worry about in the first place.
As a side note, if anyone knows of a good pediatrician in St. George or knows someone that does, please, please please let me know!!! I'm almost temtped to just go back to my one in Cedar City unless I can find a really good one down there!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that things are so stressful, but vent and then remember the blessings!!!! You as a family are very blessed. Remember after the trial of your faith, then comes the blessing. Sometimes the trial tries to overshadow the blessing. Dont let it!!!!!!!!! Love, Mom

The Winwards said...

Hang in there! Try to concentrate on the positives about this move. You and Curt deserve some happiness and good things to happen in your life. All the little stuff is just an irration in the big picture of life! I love you.!!! Love, Tara

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way arent those kids absolutely adorable!!! Mom

Tiffany said...

My sister in law lives in St. George and takes her kids to Dr. Hubbard, he is not a pediatrician but a family doctor. But she loves him! Let me know if you are interested and I can get his number for you. What pediatrician in Cedar did you go to?
By the way, the bath picture is too cute! You have the cutest kids.

matt and michelle ray said...

Oh Marissa, you are so funny! I didn't think that sounded like a pity party at all, I was like "Amen sista! I know what your going through!" We are having all the same stresses, so I totally empathize! But you do have to sit back sometimes and remind yourself that all the stresses will be for something good. A move is a good thing, a new beginning. Right?! If you keep convincing me I'll keep convincing you!